Thread: Which is better: White or Yellow Downlights?

Which is better: White or Yellow Downlights?

Hi all,

I can't seem to decide between yellow and white downlights, as to which is better for my living room with black and white concept so, i hope you can help me speed up the decision making process. Do you think yellow is better or white? Or should i go for a combination of both?

Velo, i have yellow downlights installed in my living room. I like it because it gives a warm effect. It's not pure yellow by the way, i'm using one which is a mixture of both white and yellow. For my reading table, i have white downlights put up since yellow will hurt my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by rico View Post
    Velo, i have yellow downlights installed in my living room. I like it because it gives a warm effect. It's not pure yellow by the way, i'm using one which is a mixture of both white and yellow. For my reading table, i have white downlights put up since yellow will hurt my eyes.
    Oh, didn't realize that there is a cross between yellow and white now. Anyway, that sounds like a good setup there. Friends told me that i should go for yellowish white because i already have a yellow cove lighting. How about you?

yellow create warm feeling, white downlight will make your living room more bright. If you often have guests to visit, you'd better choose white. yellow is more suit for bedroom.

My living room has white downlights because I like it to appear bright while I have yellow downlights in my room. Yes, yellow makes the atmosphere warm and comfortable.

Well try to match up the contrasts and select which best matches your room, Otherwise both are great according to me!

Banned
    yellow create warm feeling well , and create special effects.

Lightbulb Downlights

Quote Originally Posted by velo View Post
    Hi all,

I can't seem to decide between yellow and white downlights, as to which is better for my living room with black and white concept so, i hope you can help me speed up the decision making process. Do you think yellow is better or white? Or should i go for a combination of both?
    I will choose yellow light. As if you under the white light for a long period of time, it will damage you eyesight.

i will go for warm white too as its more cosy, if you need to do some work then get a small lamp with daylight led bulbs.