Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can you give me the prices of window grills in Singapore?

The quotation for window grills I got was from Tay Boon Tat. It was $950 for a 3 room HDB flat.

Tay Boon Tat also installed my window grills. The cost was $700 for 4 rooms. I don’t think the price is cheap but the service was great.

How come you got a cheaper quotation from Tay Boon Tat for a 3 room HDB? They quoted me $950 for the window grills. What type of grill did you have installed?

I chose a window grill with a horizontal design and bronze in color.

My window grill renovation was done by Unipac. I must say their service is quite good. I only gave them 2 hours notice but they were able to come down to my place even if the Malaysian contractor had to miss his train home for me. The price was also reasonable at $700.

Their after sale service is also great! For instance, they promptly sent a guy to fix my bathroom, which they also did a week before together with my grills, when water flowed out of it when I showered.

To change the windows and grills for the whole house will cost you from $2K to $3K depending on how big your windows are. The grill companies usually charge by surface area (length x width). So if you have tall windows, it will cost you more. For grills only, you will spend around $600 - $700 for bronze colored ones and $900 for white colored ones. And it also depends on the surface area of the window.

A window grill installer I’ve used and like is Kia*Ho*g Alumi*ium. Their price is cheap and I’ve used him for 2 of my houses’ windows already. My mother in law also engaged their services and so far we have no complaints.

My preference is for wrought iron grills (4 x 2 sliding panels). My ID quoted me $1800 for them. I know aluminium ones are more affordable but I don’t think they’re enough if you’re thinking of safety.

Have you tried invisible grills? They’re quite new to the market and I think they’re quite trendy and practical because they’re safe and they look good, too.

Double hollow aluminium grills are safe, too because they are difficult to break into.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast