Thread: Can you tell me about the types of doors so that I can make my choice?

Can you tell me about the types of doors so that I can make my choice?

Iím a bit confused about the different types of doors so Iím finding it difficult to make my choice. Can you tell me more about each one so that I can choose? Thanks!

If you’re looking for bedroom doors, I don’t recommend the following:

• Hand painted nyatoh doors because they tend to warp.
    • Laminated plywood door or veneer plywood door
    • Glass sliding door with wooden frame.

Classic doors are also not recommended because they are not as sound-proof and durable as a nyatoh door.

Have you installed a sliding or swing door on your toilet? My toilet door is a swing door and we were shocked to find out that because there’s a gap between the door and the frame, people from outside the toilet can see inside when the door is closed!

That can be resolved by putting a plastic rubber all around the door. Mine was that way, too until my contractor fixed it.

We had a rubber casing installed all over the edge of our kitchen glass door, too, but it made it difficult to open and close the door.

If you need doors, you can go to Doors Plus. Their prices are reasonable. For a galvanized painted steel door frame, I paid $250. For veneer timber semi-hollow flush panels, I paid $380. And for solid nyatoh timber frame and standard solid nyatoh door with iron-mongory, I paid $480.

I disagree with you. I found the prices at Doors Plus quite expensive! I went instead to Yon Tat to buy my door. I bought the standard solid nyatoh door with iron-mongory at $220. I added $10 to change the round door handle to a liong type.

Doors Plus would help I guess!