Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the best cooker hob?

What is the best cooker hob?

Iím trying to find the best cooker hob. Can you tell me which is most durable and which offers the best value for money? Iím a bit confused regarding these things so I would appreciate your help very much.

If you cook a lot of Chinese food using a wok, or you do a lot of flambť, it would be advisable if you get a gas hob. If not, an induction hob is better because it is safer and easy to clean. However, my personal preference is a combination of both gas and induction hobs.

Hobs offers you a few choices:

• Flame which is the most common is for people who cook a lot.
    • Hot plate is another but I advise against it since it is utterly useless.
    • Vitroceramic is cheaper than Induction but it also runs on electricity. It’s for people who don’t cook a lot.
    • Induction is expensive but it’s safe especially if you have children.

I am looking for 2 burner hobs because we seldom cook at home. I found the following hobs with the following prices:

• Bellari -- $260+
    • Turbo -- $220
    • Fujioh -- $358
    • Ellane tempered glass -- $200+

Which brand do you think is the best?

Ellane is a good brand. My grandmother uses Ellane. It seems to be durable because she’s been using it for a long time and so far has no problems with it. It is a local brand though unlike Rinnai which is from Indonesia and La Germania which is from Italy.

Don’t buy EF because it is not very good. For the price of an EF you can buy a Rinnai which is a better brand. La Germania is OK, too and not so expensive.

I highly recommend the following brands: Fujioh, Hobz and Rinnai. Fuijioh’s after sales service is good, while Rinnai is fuel-saving and Hobz has a 2 year warranty on their products (1 year on spare parts, and 1 year on free service).

My sister-in-law introduced me to the brand Cuizino. It’s not bad since she’s been using it for a long time. Cuizino also has good after sales service since she told me that one time, one of the burners did not work properly and when she called Cuizino, they send a technician right away who was able to fix the problem in no time. If you want to have a look firsthand at the product, you can go to City Gas at Somerset. They give live demonstrations.

You can check out the Brandt cooker hob if you want a good brand. Specifically, I recommend their induction cookers. They are easy to maintain and even if they are a bit expensive than other brands, you will save more in the long run because there is very little maintenance costs.

Quote Originally Posted by shuteng.liem View Post
    I’m trying to find the best cooker hob. Can you tell me which is most durable and which offers the best value for money? I’m a bit confused regarding these things so I would appreciate your help very much.
    My mom is using Whirlpool ceramic hobs at home. It's a little bit expensive compared to other brands but it's user-friendly and very easy to clean. There is one disadvantage about electric hobs though - heat distribution around the bottom of the pans isn't that good compared to gas hobs. So if you're cooking constantly for a lot of people then I suggest you get a gas hob.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast