Thread: Feedback & Recommendations (SG & JB)

Feedback & Recommendations (SG & JB)

For many of us who have new homes in SG and across the Causeway, do share your recommendations and feedback on unpleasant experiences with any renovation companies/shops. This sharing will be useful for those of us seeking to renovate & buy furnishings for our homes - where to go and where to avoid.

For a start, I will like to give feedback on an air-con shop in the Bestari area. I purchased new air con units and booked cleaning services for my existing air con. When the staff came over to my house, I was asked if I wanted some other additional works to be done and was told the piping needed replacement. In the end, I forked out a few more hundred ringgit on top of what I'd already paid. I felt I'd been overcharged and given services that I didn't require. I will definitely NOT patronise this family-run shop again.

Another feedback...

I was looking for a water filter company to install 1 outdoor and 1 tap (drinking water) filter in my kitchen. There are numerous companies in JB and many have small kiosks in shopping malls. I came across one at Sutera Mall and made my booking for these 2 water filters. Slightly over RM2000 for a medium filter tank (outdoor) with non-stainless steel body & an indoor water filer (kitchen).
    A little pricey but I had no choice as I needed to move into my new home soon and require clean water supply.
    The young male service staff is friendly enough but when I called to confirm appointment close to the installation date, he did not answer call.

I used Bilrich for vinyl flooring.. its been 3 years and its not really waterproof like it claimed. there is dampness on the area outside the toilet, which is more evident after its more frequently used after I got a helper.