Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good experience with Singapore Carpentry

Quote Originally Posted by jj189 View Post
    HEY! Had a smooth and pleasant experience contracting Singapore Carpentry for my 5-rm flat.
    The designer was very detailed and willing to work with me through the ideas that I wanted. He also gave me recommendations which were really good.
    Love my house now, especially the newly renovated living room. Can PM me for pictures if you want to see!(:
    will recommend Singapore carpentry! They have a website: http://carpentry.sg/
    Hi JJ can you email me your pic as I think to engage them too. may I know how much you spend?
    here my email: limphenghui@yahoo.com.sg

Thank so much

Can you share what they have done for you and the price?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiey View Post
    Can you share what they have done for you and the price?
    Hi JJ, can you also send me your pictures and may I know how much did you spend on the reno with them? My email is monomo14@gmail.com. Thanks alot!

Hi JJ - Can you please send some pictures also and how much you approximately spent. Need to also do some renovation for our new resale unit.My email ID is poddersumana@gmail.com. Thanks a lot!!

Hi jj, Please PM me the pictures and who was your ID?

I also would like to know what jobs have been done and at what prices.

Dear all, we had a bad and stressful experience with Singapore Carpentry (http://www.carpentry.sg/) in our home renovation. The main person involved is Ernest Tan (+65 8100 4193 / +65 6811 2574). We signed on with him to do mainly two jobs, all carpentry work in the kitchen and hacking away of an existing walk-in wardrobe.
    1) Ernest asked that we had to hire our own electrician to move socket out of the way of the new cabinet. We did. At least two day prior to the electricianís appointment day, we asked him via text where to move the socket to. Despite relentless texting and calling, Ernest did not respond nor pick up the phone. So our electrician only removed the socket, but didnít re-intsall it back, because we didnít know where best to put it.
    2) After Ernestís sub-contractor hacked away the existing kitchen cabinet, they did not say anything to us. A week later at installation, the same workers told us that they couldnít reinstall the new cabinet because they didnít know what the white boxes on the walls were. But we said if the boxes were a problem, you should have told us after you hacked away the old cabinet and saw the boxes for the first time then. We now know that they were connection points for the oven. We called Ernest, who eventually answered after hours, but instead blamed us for not getting our electrician to take care of it. It was clear to us now that these workers and Ernest himself were not experienced enough and did not even know how oven connection points should look like.
    3) We purchased the oven, hood, hob and sink prior to cabinet installation, and had all these appliances onsite when Ernestís workers were installing. But they did not even measure them properly and cut holes in the cabinet according to the dimension of the appliances, so that they can be installed properly. As a result, the hole cut out for the oven was too wide, and the oven cannot be installed. The ovenís connection points were left at the wrong place, we had to extend the wiring and make ugly holes in the cabinet in order for the oven to be connected. Similarly cutting mistake was made for the kitchen sink. Till date, we have not been able to install the appliances properly.
    4) When we talked about the design, I asked for features, such as a pocket for chopping board on the inside of a cabinet door, a vertical pull-out for spices and sauces, which Ernest said he could do. On the day of installation, we found out that the pocket was not done at all, and the pull-out was done the way he suggested not the way I asked for.
    5) Prior to hacking away old kitchen cabinet, Ernest told us that the kitchen sink can be reused, and the tiles on the wall would be okay. His worker broke one tile during hacking. On the day of installation again, we were told the sink could not be reused, because there were still a lot of glue and fragments of old table top on it. I had to take leave from work immediately to purchase a new one so that they could cut the hole for the sink exactly right. I got the sink delivered on time, but the workers still didnít cut the hole right. But this later on proved not to be a huge problem for sink installation.
    6) During hacking, one of the power socket on the wall stopped working, i.e. no more electricity. We were worried if the drilling on the wall (to install cabinet) had broken an embedded wire in the wall. Ernest took again a long time to respond, and responded very negatively by saying that it was not possible and he would sue any electrician who says it was their fault. We then hired our own electrician to fix it, and it costed us $300.

7) During the whole process, the worst part was that Ernest was extremely unresponsive. He ignored our questions via texts and calls, leaving us in the dark as to what we should do, and later conveniently blame us when things went wrong.
    We asked to terminate the contract with him without the table top and appliances installed, because it was very painful and challenging trying to reach him and getting the project moving. Luckily we hadnít paid in full despite Ernestís repeated requests. Despite all the additional cost we had to incur to resolve the issues listed above, we still made payment for the itemized work completed, less $300 only.
    The experience was extremely stressful and unpleasant. I hope future home owners would choose wisely and avoid Singapore Carpentry.

Quote Originally Posted by clueness View Post
    Dear all, we had a bad and stressful experience with Singapore Carpentry (http://www.carpentry.sg/) in our home renovation. The main person involved is Ernest Tan (+65 8100 4193 / +65 6811 2574). We signed on with him to do mainly two jobs, all carpentry work in the kitchen and hacking away of an existing walk-in wardrobe.
    1) Ernest asked that we had to hire our own electrician to move socket out of the way of the new cabinet. We did. At least two day prior to the electricianís appointment day, we asked him via text where to move the socket to. Despite relentless texting and calling, Ernest did not respond nor pick up the phone. So our electrician only removed the socket, but didnít re-intsall it back, because we didnít know where best to put it.
    2) After Ernestís sub-contractor hacked away the existing kitchen cabinet, they did not say anything to us. A week later at installation, the same workers told us that they couldnít reinstall the new cabinet because they didnít know what the white boxes on the walls were. But we said if the boxes were a problem, you should have told us after you hacked away the old cabinet and saw the boxes for the first time then. We now know that they were connection points for the oven. We called Ernest, who eventually answered after hours, but instead blamed us for not getting our electrician to take care of it. It was clear to us now that these workers and Ernest himself were not experienced enough and did not even know how oven connection points should look like.
    3) We purchased the oven, hood, hob and sink prior to cabinet installation, and had all these appliances onsite when Ernestís workers were installing. But they did not even measure them properly and cut holes in the cabinet according to the dimension of the appliances, so that they can be installed properly. As a result, the hole cut out for the oven was too wide, and the oven cannot be installed. The ovenís connection points were left at the wrong place, we had to extend the wiring and make ugly holes in the cabinet in order for the oven to be connected. Similarly cutting mistake was made for the kitchen sink. Till date, we have not been able to install the appliances properly.
    4) When we talked about the design, I asked for features, such as a pocket for chopping board on the inside of a cabinet door, a vertical pull-out for spices and sauces, which Ernest said he could do. On the day of installation, we found out that the pocket was not done at all, and the pull-out was done the way he suggested not the way I asked for.
    5) Prior to hacking away old kitchen cabinet, Ernest told us that the kitchen sink can be reused, and the tiles on the wall would be okay. His worker broke one tile during hacking. On the day of installation again, we were told the sink could not be reused, because there were still a lot of glue and fragments of old table top on it. I had to take leave from work immediately to purchase a new one so that they could cut the hole for the sink exactly right. I got the sink delivered on time, but the workers still didnít cut the hole right. But this later on proved not to be a huge problem for sink installation.
    6) During hacking, one of the power socket on the wall stopped working, i.e. no more electricity. We were worried if the drilling on the wall (to install cabinet) had broken an embedded wire in the wall. Ernest took again a long time to respond, and responded very negatively by saying that it was not possible and he would sue any electrician who says it was their fault. We then hired our own electrician to fix it, and it costed us $300.

7) During the whole process, the worst part was that Ernest was extremely unresponsive. He ignored our questions via texts and calls, leaving us in the dark as to what we should do, and later conveniently blame us when things went wrong.
    We asked to terminate the contract with him without the table top and appliances installed, because it was very painful and challenging trying to reach him and getting the project moving. Luckily we hadnít paid in full despite Ernestís repeated requests. Despite all the additional cost we had to incur to resolve the issues listed above, we still made payment for the itemized work completed, less $300 only.
    The experience was extremely stressful and unpleasant. I hope future home owners would choose wisely and avoid Singapore Carpentry.
    For me, I have a different experience as clueless. My family has shifted house many times and thus renovated house many times before, and this time we decided to give Singapore Carpentry a try as Ernest has come highly recommended by my friend. All my family's friends have been using Sg Carpentry services for carpentry work. Mine on the other hand was an A&A work, his quote came to me at an astonishing $80k lower than some architectural firms. The choice to choose Sg Carpentry was also because I was impressed with the design concept Ernest has produced which changed the look and feel of my inter terrace house. We managed to achieve a Scandinavian look for the house and was able to host parties after the renovation. Overall, our project went well-smoothly apart from a few hiccups with the tiling which the tiler used wrong tiles for my guest bathroom, but this was quickly resolved after we spoke to Ernest. Me and my hubby were very pleased with the end product, and we would highly recommend Singapore Carpentry to anyone seeking to do A&A or carpentry works. PM me for pictures.

Hey
    I have sent you some photo for my living room in there. To find the good carpenters and quality and the affordable prices..

https://sshreno.com.sg/services/cust...ers-singapore/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12