Thread: Novita W29 Water Dispenser Review

Novita W29 Water Dispenser Review

I am looking for a hot and cold water dispenser and I considering this dispenser by Novita W29. I am wondering is anyone using it so far? Looking for some reviews as I toying between this W29 vs the one by 3M which is Filtered Water Dispenser HCD-2. Both very close in prices and specification. The only key different is 3M focus purely on water filtration whereas the Novita W29 provide oxygenated alkaline water which according to some has huge health benefits. What else should i looking out for?

When it comes to hot and cold tabletop water dispenser, there are few options that you consider. When I was looking for my water dispenser, other than the Novita w29, you can consider the 3m water dispenser HCD-2 as well. Both specifications are price is very range. Following is the comparison if you like to dive deeper into understanding which suit more requirement.

In term of pricing, I found the 3M to be $1588 with 1 additional free filter while the W29 to be $1399 without trade in and $1299 with trade in.

Another important recurring cost you might want to consider is the change of filter. For 3M, it is every 4000L or 6 months whereas for the W29, it is 1800L or 6 months. I also understand that the UV bulb also need to be replaced, for 3M, they recommended 3 year while W29, it is every year.

The cost of the UV / Filter replacement pricing is 120 for 1 filter, $350 for UV replacement for 3M and $360 for 2 filters + UV replacement for the W29.

Both provide free installation. The response from 3M is very quick when i call them and they explain in detail. For Novita, it took a while to reply my questions.

Hope the above is helpful in helping make your decision. Other than Novita and 3M, there also other home water dispenser to consider like hydroflux but that was way beyond my budget as it cost over two thousands dollar.
    Last edited by trudywee76; 09-20-2020 at 07:10 AM.

Thanks for your reply, I understand that the Novita W29 is a alkaline water ionizer dispenser as well. That is supposed to change the pH level in water and supposedly provide antioxidants as well.
    This is something that the 3M don't do as their focus in mainly on filtration. What is your take for that? What did you buy eventually?

I am currently using the Novita W19, which is a hot water dispenser that does filtration only, no ionizing or turn the water into alkaline. The filters should be replaced after filtering around 3,000 L of water. Its filter is really expensive which cost $320 per filter. Also W19 does not have any UV feature.
    The only convenience out of this getting instant hot water at various temperatures for beverages or formula milks.

Quote Originally Posted by abbey View Post
    Thanks for your reply, I understand that the Novita W29 is a alkaline water ionizer dispenser as well. That is supposed to change the pH level in water and supposedly provide antioxidants as well.
    This is something that the 3M don't do as their focus in mainly on filtration. What is your take for that? What did you buy eventually?
    I am a non-believer when it comes to so called alkaline water as it is not proven. I suggest all to make an educated check on Google and not be fooled by those snake oil benefits of alkaline or hydrogen water. The claims made by these company that ionizer that can make water alkaline water will entice you by saying alkaline will "energise" and "detoxify" the body. It has anti-aging properties. Some even will tell you that you can prevent from headaches to cancer and also help in weight loss. Please be informed that all these claims are not scientific proven.

You should really search deeper when the water ionzier salesman tell you that ionized water contains so many active hydrogen molecules it can act as a powerful antioxidant that searches out and destroys free radicals. Or the benefits of hydrogen water. The truth is there is little published research to support hydrogen or ionized water for any health benefit. You will not find extensive research that confirm its health effects, making it unclear whether the drink is worth the hype. However the salesman will tell you like it concrete science.

Contradictory, there are finding in potential risks from alkaline water. For example when Rat pups given are alkaline water. It is showed impaired growth and damage to cardiac muscle.

Similarly in a 2015 report when a municipal water plant in a town in Germany accidentally increased the water’s pH to 12, skin burns ensued, meaning to say water at a higher pH isn’t always better.

Our human body is designed to find its own balance. Think twice if you are thinking an water ionizer that claim that it can do wonder to your health.

You may ask why I am so against water ionizer. The reason is because I was conned by a water ionizer salesman in buying an expensive water ionizer who sell me all the benefits. After paying a huge price tag, I realize it was a big mistake. Please don't be like me. Make an educated check on Google and only read from reliable sources and not make an impulse buy like me. Singapore water is pretty clean so you don't necessary need one but if you are paranoid, just buy one with a good filtration system.

My suggestion is to do your research and read from reliable sources like the following

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...than-tap-water
    https://www.webmd.com/diet/what-is-alkaline-water#1
    Last edited by zeegirl; 09-23-2020 at 08:17 AM.